Our Church, First Baptist Flower Mound, supports and adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 doctrinal statement.
- The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man.
- It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its content.
- There is one and only one living and true God. The eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God as Father reigns with providential care over His universe.
- God the Son is Jesus Christ, who has existed eternally, was born of a virgin, lived without sin, died on the cross to pay for our sin, arose from the dead, and ascended into heaven. He will return in power and glory to judge the world. He indwells all believers.
- God the Spirit convicts of sin, calls people to Christ the Savior, and empowers believers.
- Human beings were created by God in His own image. Having freedom of choice, we choose to sin (disobey God). Only God’s grace can restore us to fellowship with Him.
- Salvation is offered freely to all who repent (turn away from their sin to God) and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- A church is a body of baptized believers who join together for worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism.